Saturday 10 January 2015

Simple Upma

After my kid started growing my pediatrician suggested me to introduce him with the solid food, generally it is after your baby is 6 months old. I was excited and was listing down the things that I can probably start giving to my son, meanwhile mom suggested this recipe to me.This is a very simple form of upma made from rava/Semolina that can be included in kid's diet as semolina is easily digestible, low in fat  and high in fiber. I started giving this to my son after he was 10 months old. I do not add much ingredients. We can add boiled vegetables to this and make it more nutritious and healthier. I haven't tried yet, will definitely post after I prepare. Lets see the procedure to prepare this simple Upma for kids.

Ingredients:
Rava/Semolina
½ cup
Water
1 glass
Salt
¼ tea spoon
Turmeric powder
¼ tea spoon
Cashews
2 finely chopped
Coriander
Small amount
Ghee
2 ½  tea spoon
Cumin powder
¼ tea spoon
Asafetida
Pinch of

Procedure:
1. Roast semolina in a frying pan with half a spoon of ghee on a low flame, when its golden brown in color you can take this out to a separate plate.
2. Add remaining ghee in the same pan, when heated add chopped cashew nuts and fry until golden color add cumin powder, turmeric powder, asfoetida, coriander leaves and saute for 2-3 seconds.
3. Add water to this and salt. When water starts boiling add the roasted semolina to this.
4. Keep the pan covered for 2 mins and you can turn off the stove after 3-4 mins.

Notes:
  • You can add more water if you like the upma to be porridge kind.
  • You can also add extra ghee to this while giving it to your kid.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Yami yami! Looks very good that food! ;)
    Very nice blog!
    I own three blogs:
    http://www.calivitavalcea.blogspot.ro/
    http://www.credinta-dreapta.blogspot.ro/
    http://totusi-iubirea.blogspot.ro/
    Please visit them and tell me your opinion!
    Best regards and kisses!
    Mircea, Romania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post thanks for sharingg

    ReplyDelete