Tuesday 23 June 2015

Dates & Nuts Laddoo

Dates & Nuts laddoo, you can also call it dry fruits laddoo with lots of dry fruits and essential energy in it. I make this usually for my little son who is 2 years old. Its quick and easy to prepare with whatever raisins you have in your house. Since my son does not eat dates I make use of it in this form so that he has it :) A slight variation of this laddoo with lots of dry roasted dried coconut and few more raisins usually my mom prepares and this is usually preferred to give to women after the child birth to get all the strength back :) If you have roasted peanuts at your home then preparing this laddoo should not take much time. We will see the way that I prepare this laddoo.


 Ingredients:
De-seeded dates - 1 cup
Dry  roasted peanut with skin peeled - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
fig / almonds / cashewnuts - As much required
Procedure:
1. De-seed the dates and crush it using mortar pestel / grind it using grinder to coarse mixture.
2. Dry roast peanuts and peel the skin and grind it to coarse powder.
3. You can dry roast almonds and then grind it along with the rest of the raisins and jaggery.
4. Mix together and make round small sized balls.

Notes:
  • You can adjust the quantity of jaggery if you do not like it to be more sweet.
  • You can dry roast almonds before using, sinc eI have used very few I need not.
  • This laddo will last for more days if it is dry i.e qunatity of peanut is double or more than that of dates.
  • I also added little sesame seeds which improves its taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment